Friends of Scouting, Bay-Lakes Council’s annual giving campaign, helps ensure high quality Scouting programs for every youth. Accounting for 17% of our funding each year, the campaign is vital to our Council’s success.
The True Cost of Scouting
Did you know:
- It costs $225 to provide one year of quality programs for each Scout.
- More than 86% of the Council budget goes toward program support that impacts the quality of every youth’s Scouting experience.
An investment in Friends of Scouting investment helps to fund:
- Local programs and activities throughout the Council territory
- Camp scholarships, uniforms and registration fees for youth who could otherwise not participate
- The Center for Scouting, which coordinates Scouting activities and provides customer service
- Accident and liability insurance to protect youth and adult members
- Professional staff who counsel, guide and inspire volunteer leadership
- Camps and facilities for year-round camping and outdoor events
- Opportunities to attend summer camp and high-adventure events
- Advancement programs that recognize Scouts meeting the learning and achievement goals they set
- Development and distribution literature and training materials
- Leadership training for youth who will become future community leaders