Exploring exists to teach important life and career skills to young people from all backgrounds through immersive career experiences and mentorship provided by community and business leaders like you. Together, we equip young people with character, leadership and life skills that can be used both today and in their future careers.
Exploring is based on a unique and dynamic relationship between youth and the organizations in their communities. Businesses and community organizations initiate a career-specific Exploring post or club by matching their people and organizational resources to the career interests of youth in the community. The result is a program of interactive activities that helps youth pursue their special interests, grow, and develop.
We work with thousands of local, regional, and national businesses and organizations to deliver the Exploring programs representing hundreds of different career fields.
- Strong personal values and character development
- Build self-worth and self-confidence
- Leadership skills training and development
- Social development
- Unique career experiences, networking & internships
- Personal growth
- Volunteer opportunities
- Group collaboration and teamwork
- Scholarships available only to Explorers
- Add Exploring to your college, job and scholarship applications!
Most Exploring programs align with the school calendar and begin in the fall, while some also offer summer activities, annual conferences, internships and other events. Most meet once or twice a month throughout the year.