We encourage you to check out the resources we have put together to help you build your Best Year of Scouting Ever.
Additionally, to help build the framework for successful fall recruiting, we suggest your unit leaders begin discussing the following:
- How many new members are we looking to add to our unit roster?
- When and where will be holding our Join Scouting event?
- What materials should we have available to new families interested in learning about our unit?
- Are their organizations within our local community we can connect with, who may be interested in partnering with us to build an Amazing Join Scouting event?
- Do we have someone willing to serve as our Unit Membership Chair or New Member Coordinator?
To support your efforts, the Bay-Lakes Council is developing a toolbox of resources, aimed at helping every unit meet their recruiting goals, as well as, working to expand our efforts with Facebook Geofencing and opening new marketing/advertising channels. We need to reach every youth within our service area and invite them to Join Scouting. Together, we can help your grow your unit’s membership and recruit new parents, who will help fill the many leadership and volunteer roles that help make your unit a success.
Information regarding the fall recruiting campaign and kick-off events will continue to roll out over the next several weeks. Please know that your district’s executives, unit Commissioners and council membership team volunteers will be with you every step of the way as we all Escape the Great Indoors this fall.
Thank you for all you do to support Scouting in our communities!