Below are some of the key elements for this fall’s plan to grow and sustain Scouting in Bay-Lakes Council:
- A substantial marketing and media effort.
- Den Leader Fast Start Kits developed by the Council Commissioner Corps.
- School access forecasting and relationship building.
- Targeted New/Returning Pack start up efforts.
- Targeting areas with high concentrations of unserved youth.
- 3 different Recruitment Event models to best serve unit needs.
- Incentive programs at the Council, District, Unit, and Individual levels.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Reach out to your District Executive, Fall Recruitment Chair, or the Council Service Center and offer your help. We need all hands, on deck for the future of Scouting!
- Complete your unit’s 2021/2022 program calendar. You will not be able to sell the current generation of parents on joining Scouting without a great program calendar.
- Recruit a New Member Coordinator. Consider recruiting a high energy millennial mom to speak to the folks that handle these decisions in most households. We will train them.
- Plan on attending your District’s Fall Recruitment Kickoff in August or late July.
Troops and Crews:
- Help with your local pack’s recruitment event…you entertain the youth while they sell the parents.
- Hold your own recruitment: Let’s reach up to grade 7 this year!
- Recruit a few volunteers to help your local Pack long term. The Pack’s health is the Troop’s future.