I hope your first full week of show and selling is going great!! We’ve been hearing some great success stories! Please continue sharing your stories and pictures with us!
- Mid-Sale Reorders Due Sunday at Midnight! – The mid-sale reorder is open on the Pecatonica River System. If you need a reminder on how to place an order, watch this tutorial: https://pecatonicariverpopcorn.com/Tutorial_ScoutBoss.html. Orders are due in the system by Sunday, September 26 at 11:59pm. Distribution will occur on October 8. Please keep an eye out for more information from your district popcorn team in regards to distribution details. Need product before then? Several districts are holding open warehouse hours. As a reminder, you do NOT need to place an order in the Pecatonica system in order to pick up product during these hours. Days and hours are listed by district at https://baylakesbsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/2021-Warehouse-Location-Details-9.20.21.pdf.
- 50 States Club – We are on the verge of our first 50 States Club member, who will be next!? It’s not to late to join the fun and have an opportunity to win a $250 Amazon gift card! If you haven’t yet, you can create online selling IDs for your Scouts on the Pecatonica River website. Log into your account and select the Scout Seller ID’s tab. You can then enter Scout names and email addresses to create their IDs. The email attached to the Scout will receive an email confirmation and more information about setting up their own online selling account. This process can take up to 72 hours. You can learn more about seller IDs at https://pecatonicariverpopcorn.com/Tutorial_SellerIDs.htmlLearn.
- Selling Tips – Be sure to keep the energy up with your sale. Some fun ideas include:
- Do a weekly raffle for Scouts that make sales that week
- Do a contest for Scouts to completely fill out their order forms
- Reward the Scout who goes to the most houses or logs the most storefront hours in a week
- Start a unit challenge to see who can be the first to join the 50 States Club
- Make a unit goal each week and celebrate once you hit it
- ACH – ACH authorization forms are due by October 3. They can be found at https://247scouting.com/forms/?OrgKey=BSA635&id=2081. Even if you filled out the form last year, you will need to fill out a new one this year. Friendly reminder that withdraws occur on November 18, December 3, and December 17. November 3 is for your unit’s Show and Sell order. December 3 is for your unit’s take order, and December 17 is for any late add-on order.
- Unit-to-Unit Transfers – If you are running short of any kinds of popcorn and hear of a unit who has some to spare (or you have product to spare), you can do a unit-to-unit transfer. Set up a time and location to meet them and fill out the transfer form found at https://baylakesbsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Unit-to-Unit-Popcorn-Transfer-Sheet.pdf. Please remember to have a signature from both units involved on the form, then please email it to us and we will make the transfer in the Pecatonica system. We have a special Facebook group also for this purpose that can be found at https://www.facebook.com/groups/650399508887876. It is named Bay-Lakes Council Kernel Korner. Several of our districts have similar pages for your specific district, but transferring products between districts is NOT limited to units in the same district as you.
- Hometown Heroes Trio, Cheese Lover’s, Chocolate Lover’s Seal FYI – The lids of these items that come in their own case boxes aren’t heat sealed. The plastic around the tin is to help with shipping, not there to hold on the lid, therefore the plastic may occasionally fall off. The bags inside the tin ARE heat sealed, so the product is still safe to sell without a plastic band.
Please let me, Alex, or your district popcorn team know if you have any questions or if there’s anything we can do to help your sale!