The time has come! Our first official selling weekend is upon us! Please share pictures and successes of your first weekend of sales and we will highlight some in future kernel journals and Facebook posts!
- Distribution is this week! If you have not already scheduled a pick-up time at your warehouse, please contact your district team ASAP. District contact list can be found at https://baylakesbsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Popcorn-Kernels-Staff-Contacts-1.pdf.
- Open Warehouse Hours – Open warehouse hours are here to help you refill your popcorn supply. You do not need to place an order in the Pecatonica River system beforehand. Even if you are just running short on one type of popcorn, you’ll be able to pick up more. Days and hours are listed by district at https://baylakesbsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Warehouse-Location-Details.pdf. If your district isn’t listed as having open hours, please contact your district popcorn leadership and we’ll do the best we can to help you out. Reach out to Nikki, me, or your district leadership team with any questions.
- Unit-to-Unit Transfers – If you are running short of any kinds of popcorn and hear of a unit who has some to spare, you can do a unit-to-unit transfer. Set up a time and location to meet them and fill out the transfer form found at https://baylakesbsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Unit-to-Unit-Popcorn-Transfer-Sheet.pdf. Please remember to have a signature from both units involved on the form, then please email it to us and we will make the transfer in the Pecatonica system. Transferring products is NOT limited to units in the same district as you.
- Online Sales – Have friends and family who love popcorn and supporting our Scouts who live out of town? No worries! Online selling is here to save the day! If you haven’t yet, you can create online selling IDs for your Scouts on the Pecatonica River website. Log into your account and select the Scout Seller ID’s tab. You can then enter Scout names and email addresses to create their IDs. The email attached to the Scout will receive an email confirmation and more information about setting up their own online selling account. This process can take up to 72 hours. You can learn more about seller IDs at https://pecatonicariverpopcorn.com/Tutorial_SellerIDs.html.
- ACH – Finally, friendly reminder that ACH authorization forms are due by October 2. An ACH transfer is the electronic movement of money between banks, so instead of having to write a check to the Council, your popcorn payments will automatically be taken out of your account. These withdraws occur on November 17, December 2, and December 16. November 17 is for your unit’s Show and Sell order. December 2 is for your unit’s take order, and December 16 is for any late add-on orders. If at any time, you have any questions about what you owe, please reach out to us. If you haven’t submitted yours yet, the form can be found at https://247scouting.com/forms/635-ACH22popcorn.
As always, please remember to bookmark the Council popcorn webpage, it is full of great information to help you be successful for your sale: https://baylakesbsa.org/popcorn/.
Have a great first weekend of sales!