The pandemic continues to be of concern for all. We must continue to follow the guidance of our local health officials. Please check the health department section of your county’s website and follow their directions. Safety is our #1 priority and until the trend of positive cases drastically decreases, we need to be vigilant about our Scout meetings and activities. We appreciate your understanding of any necessary adjustments in the interest of health of safety.
Key points to protect everyone from COVID-19 as following:
- Clean your hands often, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer.
- Maintain physical distancing of at least six feet between those who are not members of the same family or living unit.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when around others.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces daily.
Center For Scouting:
- When planning to visit the council office, please coordinate that visit ahead of time. You may drop off or pick-up items in lieu of meeting staff, just coordinate with us ahead of time by calling 920-734-5705.
- Visitors must wear a face covering and social distance while in the office and shop. Staff are doing the same.
January and February Events:
- District roundtables and committee meetings will be virtual at least through March.
- Council meetings will be virtual at least through March.
- Limited council/district events will continue when proper safeguards can be implemented. In most cases this will consist of outdoor day-activities.
- All in person events will continue to use the updated COVID-19 screening sheet.
- Bay-Lakes council will continue to offer virtual events and Scouting at Home activities.
- Building rentals will be limited to approximately 25% of normal capacity.
- The use of the COVID-19 screening sheet is required to be completed by all attending a unit or council event.